All Jobs – Infusionsoft Coach
LOCATION: Remote Position
What does it take to work at Benelds?
You’ve got to be a doer.
What’s a “doer”? A doer will get stuff done even if they are in Timbuktu. Doers don’t sit around twiddling their thumbs waiting for tasks to be given to them, they seek work out. We don’t need people who work in isolation – we still provide direction and guidance, but without having to be told what to do, a doer will make something of value happen.
You’ve got to be a writer.
In a remote work environment, almost everything is shared by written communication. The internet changed the way we communicate profoundly – today, more written word will be consumed than ever before in human history. And tomorrow, it’ll be a little bit more. And the day after tomorrow, more still.
Written communication is an essential skill in the modern workplace, and especially important in a remote team. To put it bluntly, if you can’t write, you can’t work remotely.
This doesn’t mean you have to be Shakespeare. It means that you must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and tactfully, through the written word.
You have to be comfortable not being in an office.
The social aspect of an office is important – and impossible to truly replicate in a remote workplace. While we chat daily on Slack and have video chats as a team at least once a week, there will be long periods where you have relatively little interaction with your colleagues.
A good remote worker has to be more than just OK with that: they have to thrive in that kind of environment.
You have to sincerely care about your customers.
A friend of ours whom we highly respect puts it brilliantly:
“Just do your fucking job, care about the client – and show that in your work – and we’ll all be good!”
- You will deliver online training to business owners across Australia and New Zealand.
- You will support and coach new Infusionsoft users in adopting an online system into their business.
- You will ensure the quality and consistency of course content.
- You will be expected to maintain detailed records.
- You’ll need to embrace a culture of help and support – we exist to help our customers succeed!
- We practise whole company support – you’ll also be expected to assist in providing helpdesk support and customer support in our forums.
- You’ll also undertake other additional duties as required from time to time – think you’re too good to get the coffee order? Think again!
- Successful applicants will have the ability to effectively communicate sometimes tricky concepts in a way that the most technologically illiterate can understand.
- The ability to work within a framework while remaining mentally flexible (your customers will be very good at throwing curve balls at you!) is beneficial.
- The role includes clear performance targets, and the ability to meet goals is vital.
- Attention to detail is important, as is following the workflow process.
- Communication skills are vital. The role will be remote training, so enjoying talking to people will be a huge advantage!
- An interest and overall competency in general computing and cloud technology will be an advantage.
- Full training will be provided, but applicants must have a “knack” for using technology.
- Successful applicants will show a desire to constantly improve their knowledge and skill. Working at Benelds will have a clear career progression path. Applications are welcome from people with a desire to progress in their personal and professional development.
We have a remote team spread across Australia, and welcome applications from anywhere with an internet connection. Management is based in the Victorian Alps. Our training venue is in North Sydney. Initially your role will be 100% remote, but as your career progresses, you may have the opportunity for travel.
What’s in it for you:
Work in a results only work environment – no timesheets, just results.
We have a mountain office (which is pretty damned nice) – and we’ll want to see you there every now and again. The rest of the time you can work from literally anywhere with an internet connection.
You’ll have complete control of your schedule. You’ll have targets to meet, but that doesn’t mean you have to be at a desk from 9 to 5.
We all use macs, and you will too. A nice, new, shiny one.
Who you’ll be working with:
Sarah Knox • Infusionsoft Coach
Sarah started working with us a whole ‘nother country ago, when she was still living in New Zealand. She’s our favourite Kiwi by a longshot, loves the All Blacks like a hurricane, drinks beer and is the absolute best at teaching tech-fearing souls how to get onboard with Infusionsoft.
Jake Lunniss • COO
Jake lives and breathes for systemising small business, standardising their processes and productising their delivery. He has an abnormally physical relationship with Workato (read: nerdboners) and hates Telstra. He also isn’t nearly as boring as that makes him sound.